grabTHIS!
[close]

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Scars

The sound of car horns and the buzz of the cars fills the night as the clock strikes 3 o'clock. I just keep tossing and turning around in bed, your side getting colder and colder with each minutes that passes by. Tears streak down my face as sleep drew farther away from me, leaving me with my thoughts and my restless night.

Sitting up, I turned the radio on and the opening notes for Scars begins. Holding my legs close to my chest, I rested my chin on top of my knees and stared out the window as I listened to the song.

You're setting off, it's time to go, the engine's running
My mind is lost, we always knew this day was coming
And now it's more frightening than it's ever gonna be

When did we end up like this? When did we fall apart? Was I not good enough for you? When you said you'll take me as I am, was it a lie? Was everything you said a lie?

We grow apart, I watch you on the red horizon
Your lion's heart will protect you under stormy skies
And I will always be listening for your laughter and your tears

What went wrong? What made you go? It was always you and me against the world, then you promised me forevermore. Was it something that I said? Was it something that I did? I have to know what made us break up.

And as soon as I can hold you once again
I won't let go of you, I swear

We live through scars this time
But I've made up my mind
We can't leave us behind anymore

I've been told by many people that what's done is done, I need to let go and carry on. I know deep inside me that it's true: I'm stuck in time, I'm stuck on you. That was the times when we were untouchable.

Your hands are cold, your lips are turning blue; you're shaking
This fragile heart so heavy in my chest, it's breaking
And in the dark, you try to make a phone call to me

I screamed repeatedly at myself to wake up, I'm only dreaming that things between us are good. I need you to get out of my head so that I can think clearly but let's be honest, you never left my mind since that day. Because we're much better altogether, can't let go.

But you're miles away, you're breaking up on your own
I need an hour just to say hello
And I can't make the truth of this work out for you or me

It finally had to end this bitter way. We had no more to give each other, no matter what we said. I worried every night and slept all day, I was lying to myself by pretending to be someone else.

And for all the pennies in your pocket
We barely get a second just to speak

We live through scars this time
But I've made up my mind
We can't leave us behind anymore

We'll have to hurt for now
But next time there's no doubt
'Cause I can't go without you anymore

You tried to work it out and get some help, but you've been fooling everyone; I know what's going on, I know the truth. I can never hold your hand through this again. We keep lying to everyone around us, pretending to be someone that we're not.

We live through scars this time
But I've made up my mind
We can't leave us behind anymore

We'll have to hurt for now
But next time there's no doubt
'Cause I can't go without you anymore

No, I can't go without you anymore

I'm sorry I couldn't stay to fill the empty space beside you. But it's alright, I know you'll be fine after all of this. You'll be better off in a different place, somewhere very far away from me. It's alright, don't worry about me; I'll be fine, I have to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brown Bobblehead Bunny