grabTHIS!
[close]

Sunday 18 October 2015

Collision

My legs turned into jelly and I had to hold on tight to the door, if not I’d probably be toppling down the floor.

“W-what are you doing here?” I finally stammered, trying to regain my composure. Dark eyes with circles underneath and day old stubble greeted me.

He sighed and jammed his hands down his pockets, shrugging. “To be honest, I don’t have any idea.”

“Then you might as well leave.” I said firmly.

“I’m sorry.”

Those two simple words had me slamming the door hard on his face. I feel myself sliding down the door, biting my lips hard to keep the tears at bay but it started falling freely down my face.

“Brianne, let me explain.” I heard him say from the other side of the door.

“What else do you need to explain? You made it perfectly clear that day.” I could still remember clearly the days when I waited for him, him coming home late every day, resulting in a huge fight between us where he all shouted at me to leave if I had enough of his behavior.

“I was just…” I could picture him raking his hand thorough his hair while biting his lip, as he always did when he’s frustrated.

“Just go.” I whispered as I pulled my legs closer to myself, resting my head on the top of my knees.

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“Go!” I shouted as my voice broke.

“Brie, I’m not going anywhere. Just please listen.” He begged.

“Then talk.”

“I’m so sorry of what I said; I never wanted you to leave. I was just…angry.”

“Yes, you made it perfectly clear. So can you go now? Please?”

He sighed, “I told you, I’m not leaving.”

I stood up and went to the closet, where I kept my old mementos with him deep in a box, never to be reopened. I opened the door and shoved the box at him, before pulling the necklace holding the ring he gave me and threw it in his face.

“That’s how much you hurt me, so do me a favor and get gone. I don’t ever want to see your face again.” I hissed.

“Brianne…”

“Just go before I call the cops on you.” My hands clenched.

His shoulders slumped and he began to walk towards the elevator, me watching the short distance between my apartment and the elevator. Before I know what I was doing, my hand connected with his cheek.

His jaw clenched. “I deserved that.”

I ran back inside and locked the door behind me. I slid down the door and started to cry, the kind that people don’t want to see because it’s that ugly, rocking side to side. I didn’t realize the knocks behind my back or someone calling me repeatedly.

“Brianne, open the door please.” The person all begged and pleaded.

Somehow, I managed to open the door and the person rushed at me, enveloping me in their arms, drowning me in their scent. But I started to come to my senses slowly, realizing that I know this familiar scent and the arms holding me aren’t strange.

"It's okay, I got you baby girl." He repeated all the time as I keep on crying on to his shirt, rocking the both of us back and forth.

Finally, my tears stopped and all I'm left with is sniffles. He just keeps on stroking my hair and waited until I was calm enough to talk.

"Better now?" He murmured, I nodded and sighed softly.

"If I'd know I hurt you that bad, I would've came to you soon if I had your address." He said regretfully and squeezed tighter.

"Don't." I murmured and buried my face in his chest.

We were both silent after that, just enjoying each others' presence. It was a while before any of us did talk.

"Do you think we can start over?" He asked real softly.

I looked up at him and bit my lip, "I have no idea."

He kissed my head, "I really wish we could."

"We could take small steps?" I suggested warily.

He seemed to consider it for a moment before nodding. He stood up and offered me a hand, I accepted it even though I have no idea what he's doing.

"What are you doing?" I ask puzzled.

"Kael Jacobsen, nice to meet you." He held out his hand and smiled.

"Brianne Clark." I shook his hand and we both smiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brown Bobblehead Bunny