grabTHIS!
[close]

Tuesday 12 January 2016

Dreams and Reality Part 4

“For lunch, of course.” I raised an eyebrow, staring at him weirdly.

He nodded and the edges of his mouth curled up. “Believe me, it was my pleasure.”

“I suppose you now have a plus one for tonight.” We stood and walked to his car as soon as he finished paying for our lunch.

“The party starts at 9, so I’ll pick you up around 8.30 then. Oh and as for the dress code whatsoever, I will text you the information.” He said as he opened my door for me.

“In that case, your phone please.” I put my hand out as soon as he got settled in his seat. He dug out his phone from his pocket and unlocked it before handing it over to me. I quickly inserted my number and handed it back to him. I heard my phone ring soon after and dug it out of my bag.

“That’s mu number.” He smiled at me when we stopped at a red light. I nodded and saved his number, placing my phone back in my bag when I’m finished.

“So what kind of party are you taking me to?” I asked curiously, looking at him as he drove us back to my house.

“If I’m not mistaken, party/masquerade ball. I don’t have all the details quite yet, so I’d tell you later. Is that alright?” He glanced at me as he asked.

I smiled and nodded. “Perfectly fine with me. I have to do something before the party anyways.”

He nodded and soon we arrived back at my house. He dropped my off at the front door, opening my door like a true gentleman.

“I’ll see you later, Ms. Charleston.” Daniel bowed and smiled.

“Indeed you will, Mr. Haverford.” I curtsied back and smiled as he went back to his car and drove out my house. I went inside to prepare for my ballet practice, quickly changing into my leotard and pointe shoes. I grabbed a bottle of water from the kitchen before heading to practice.

“Good afternoon, James.” I greeted my instructor before starting on my stretches.

“Ready for the Pas de Deux?” he asked, placing the CD into the CD player.

“Well if you’d be my partner for the moment, we’re all set.”

“Definitely. But when you’re performing live, you won’t be with me.”

“When’s the audition anyways?” I asked, taking my position in front of the mirror.

“Next week, if I’m not mistaken.” He pressed ‘play’ and took his position. Soon, Tchaikovsky’s Pas de Deux for Nutcracker filled the room and we started our practice.

“Just make sure your arabesque is on point with the song but overall you’re good to audition next week.” James said as we took our break.

“Good for me then.” I joked, taking a large swig of water and wiped my mouth. “Can we work on Swan Lake now?”

He laughed, shaking his head. “One more Nutcracker then we can do Swan Lake.” I nodded and took my position again.

“Same time next week?” James asked when we’re finished, guzzling water in our mouth. I nodded, looking at the clock.

“I have to go now, got a party to prepare for.” I waved at him as I walked out the practice room, going straight to my bathroom to shower. As soon as I finished showering, my phone started ringing. I put it on speaker as I started preparing for the party.

“Good evening.”

“Good evening, Ms. Charleston.”

“Mr. Haverford, to what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?” I smiled, curling my hair.

“I’m just informing you about the dress code.” He replied.

“And what is it?”

“Latin.”

“Perfect, I have just the right outfit for that.”

“Alright, I will be seeing you soon. Good evening, Ms. Charleston.”

“And to you, Mr. Haverford.” I pressed the ‘end’ icon and put my hair in a half up-do with few tresses curled on each side of my face. I put on minimal make-up, smoky eyes and dark colored lipstick to complement my maroon dress. Grabbing the said dress, I select suitable lingerie and get dressed before grabbing my Blahniks for the finishing touch.

“Vanna, there’s Daniel downstairs.” My mother said as she knocked on my door.

“A minute!” I replied, grabbing a clutch and stuffed my phone, lipstick and lip balm inside before going out and locking my door. I went down to the living room where I see Daniel and my mother talking.

“Ms. Charleston.” Daniel stood up and kissed the top of my hand.

“Do I pass muster, Mr. Haverford?” I teased, smiling at him.

He took a few steps back and looked at me head to toe. I blush a bit and squirmed in place, waiting for him to finish his examinations.

“You have surpassed my expectations.” He finally said and smiled widely.


“You better go now if you don’t want to be late.” My mother said and we immediately walked to Daniel’s car and drive to the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brown Bobblehead Bunny